[mou] more great gray's

Steve and Sherry Watson watsup@boreal.org
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:51:58 -0800

Hello everybody,

	My dad and I just returned from being out and about on some of
the back roads near our house and came up with three new great
gray's...at least I don't believe I've heard their reports previously.
One flew across the bally creek road, and another sat about ten feet or
less off the road on a six foot spruce allowing my best ever view of the
bird...It was spectacular.  We watched it for a couple minutes taking in
the spectacle and then moved on so as not to disturb it's hunting for
too long.  The last one we saw along county road seven just before Grand
Marais.  The directions are posted bellow:

Along County road 7 half mile west of town on the right.

Along county road 48, from Town head west along 7 until you reach the
first junction of 48 and head up to the corner and take a left, go about
one hundred yards and it was on the right.

Last one was along the bally creek road.  From the second owl keep
heading strait past the intersection of 48 heading south until you hit
the bally creek road.  Stay on that to the corner and head north for
about 1/4 or 1/3 of a mile up, flew across road to the right.

Good birding,

Josh Watson
Grand Marais

---