[mou] She made it though the night!

Laura Erickson bluejay@lauraerickson.com
Fri, 03 Dec 2004 07:28:22 -0600

Although this morning's temperature was 14 degrees, it got down to 6 last
night before I went to bed.  The hummingbird was at my feeder at 7:23 this
morning.

I'm obviously very concerned about her, and left the window to my office
open for quite a while yesterday, just in case she happened to wander
in...  She did fly in for a few moments, circled the room giving it a
once-over, but then headed back outside.  Like Huck Finn, this little bird
apparently does not want to be sivilized.

Laura Erickson
Duluth, MN

NOTE address change: bluejay@lauraerickson.com

Producer, "For the Birds" radio program
<http://www.lauraerickson.com/>

There is symbolic as well as actual beauty in the migration of
birds.  There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of
nature--the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after the winter.

                                 --Rachel Carson