[mou] Spruce Grouse

Mike Hendrickson smithville4@charter.net
Sun, 5 Dec 2004 18:12:55 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4DAF6.0B492710

Today I was guiding some folks from Sierra Vista, Arizona. We found a =
group of 11 Spruce Grouse at the 2 mile mark north of Sand River on Lake =
Co. Rd 2. We also found a single female Spruce Grouse .01 miles north of =
the Sand River On Lake Co. Rd 2. I will post the rest of my 2 day trip =
on my web site along with some photos of the grouse and owls. I thought =
I get the word out this hard to find grouse. We found the Spruce Grouse =
at 7:45 and watched them till 8:00am.  While watching them a truck =
noticed the grouse and sped to see if he could hit one and drove at them =
in front of us! The grouse scattered but none were hit by cars.=20

You have to wonder with that sort of behavior by a very small minority =
people, try to hit Great Grey Owls as well when they soar over a road. I =
got second hand reports that there have been at least 20+ Great Grey =
Owls that were found along road sides hit by cars.=20
=20
Michael Hendrickson

Minnesota Birding Treks
http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/
------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4DAF6.0B492710

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4>Today I was guiding some =
folks from=20
Sierra Vista, Arizona. We found a group of 11 Spruce Grouse at the 2 =
mile mark=20
north of Sand River on Lake Co. Rd 2. We also found a single female =
Spruce=20
Grouse .01 miles north of the Sand River On Lake Co. Rd 2. I will post =
the rest=20
of my 2 day trip on my web site along with some photos of the grouse and =
owls. I=20
thought I get the word out this hard to find grouse. We found the Spruce =
Grouse=20
at 7:45 and watched them till 8:00am.&nbsp; While watching them a truck =
noticed=20
the grouse and sped to see if he could hit one and drove at them in =
front of us!=20
The grouse scattered but none were hit by cars. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4>You have to wonder with that =
sort of=20
behavior by a very small minority people,&nbsp;try to hit Great Grey =
Owls as=20
well when they soar over a road. I got second hand reports =
that&nbsp;there have=20
been at least 20+ Great Grey Owls that were found along road sides hit =
by=20
cars.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4>Michael =
Hendrickson</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4>Minnesota Birding Treks<BR><A =

href=3D"http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/">http://webpages.chart=
er.net/mmhendrickson/</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4DAF6.0B492710--