[mou] Another great grey

Steve and Sherry Watson watsup@boreal.org
Sun, 5 Dec 2004 15:22:16 -0800

Hello everyone,

	This morning around 10:30 their was a gorgeous great grey owl
perched along the gunflint trail almost directly across from Pincushion
but down a hair further on a falling tree three or four feet of the
ground.  On the way home around noon we saw probably the same bird only
a little way's before the intersection of either 54 or 64 but I can't
remember which number it is.  Also this morning closer to 8:00 my sister
spied a spectacularly gorgeous adult male black-backed woodpecker on a
small two track road off the bally creek road but I forgot the mileage
south of the devils track intersection, a wild guess would be 5 miles or
so south of their.  The bird anyhow was on a broken of dead balsam fir
ten feet from the truck or so offering great views of it and the
brightest golden cap I have ever seen on a male.  Good birding

Josh Watson
Grand Marais

---