[mou] Gull photos

Mike Hendrickson smithville4@charter.net
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 15:39:33 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4DE05.47A73640

I took several photos of Gulls today and thought I share them to you =
all.  I have pretty decent photos of the following gulls:  Greater =
Black-backed Gull (first winter), Iceland Gull (adult), Thayer's Gull ( =
dark juv.), Glacous Gulls ( Adult, juveniles and 2nd winter) and a =
Lesser Black-backed Gull (first winter).  If you click on Knife River =
Gulls you'll see photos of a gull I initially labeled as Lesser =
Black-backed Gull before word came out fro some good sources out east =
that this gull MIGHT be a European Herring Gull but the photos that are =
not labeled as a Lesser Black-backed Gull is the real deal. I refound =
this gull at the WI landfill and a very good source in WI looked at the =
photos and agreed that it is a Lesser Black-backed Gull in first winter =
plumage.

These photos I hope will encourage birders to find and photo gulls you =
see at Blackdog and other places that gulls hang out and share them with =
others. I finally got my Gull Book yesterday and man there is a lot to =
sink in. I will be updating photos of gulls at the WI Landfill regularly =
as I spend a lot of time there.

I also would like to see the personnel at the landfill get a certificate =
or plague to award them on being so nice to birders.  These workers let =
birders in and show birders where to park and are just plain nice to =
birders! I would like to see the WSO be a partner in this as well.  The =
workers know me well and days they are closed they even let me in!!  How =
many other landfills in Mn or WI that treat birders this way? Just an =
idea.

To se photos go to my web site and click "photos" Click the album for =
"Gulls" and "Knife River Gull". Also my blog is up and running and I =
talk about my guiding trips and birds we found. I 'll be doing this a =
lot as I am almost booked for the winter.

Michael Hendrickson

Minnesota Birding Treks
http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/
------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4DE05.47A73640

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4>I took several photos of =
Gulls today and=20
thought I share them to you all.&nbsp; I have pretty decent photos of =
the=20
following gulls:&nbsp; Greater Black-backed Gull (first winter), Iceland =
Gull=20
(adult), Thayer's Gull ( dark juv.), Glacous Gulls ( Adult, juveniles =
and 2nd=20
winter) and a Lesser Black-backed Gull (first winter).&nbsp; If you =
click on=20
Knife River Gulls you'll see photos of a gull I initially labeled as =
Lesser=20
Black-backed Gull before word came out fro some good sources out east =
that this=20
gull MIGHT be a European Herring Gull but the photos that are not =
labeled as a=20
Lesser Black-backed Gull is the real deal. I refound this gull at the WI =

landfill and a very good source in WI looked at the photos and agreed =
that it is=20
a Lesser Black-backed Gull in first winter plumage.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4>These photos I hope will =
encourage=20
birders to find and photo gulls you see at Blackdog and other places =
that gulls=20
hang out and share them with others. I finally got my Gull Book =
yesterday and=20
man there is a lot to sink in. I will be updating photos of gulls at the =
WI=20
Landfill regularly as I spend a lot of time there.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4>I also would like to see the =
personnel at=20
the landfill get a certificate or plague to award them on being so nice =
to=20
birders.&nbsp; These workers let birders in and show birders where to =
park and=20
are just plain nice to birders! I would like to see the WSO be a partner =
in this=20
as well.&nbsp; The workers know me well and days they are closed they =
even let=20
me in!!&nbsp;&nbsp;How many other&nbsp;landfills in Mn or WI that treat =
birders=20
this way? Just an idea.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4>To se photos go to my web =
site and click=20
"photos" Click the album for "Gulls" and "Knife River Gull". Also my =
blog is up=20
and running and I talk about my guiding trips and birds we found. I 'll =
be doing=20
this a lot as I am almost booked for the winter.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4>Michael =
Hendrickson</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D4>Minnesota Birding Treks<BR><A =

href=3D"http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/">http://webpages.chart=
er.net/mmhendrickson/</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4DE05.47A73640--