[mou] Great Gray Owls

shawn conrad dingermcduff@hotmail.com
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 06:09:14 -0600

<P>Maybe your vehicle is too quiet?&nbsp; Great Grays hunt by ear, so maybe a couple of those deer whistles would give them better warning you are coming.&nbsp; I don't know if that would work, but it's the only idea I have.</P>
<P>Shawn Conrad<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: Jamie Bergerson &lt;jamianb@yahoo.com&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: mou-net@cbs.umn.edu
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: [mou] Great Gray Owls
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 17:41:46 -0800 (PST)
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I realize that Great Gray sightings are not unusual right now, but I have a greater concern.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I have hit 2 Great Grays in the past 3 weeks with my car ( I communte daily between Duluth and Grand Rapids on Highway 2).&nbsp;&nbsp;I have begun watching for the owls and I am seeing them atop utility poles on a fairly regular basis.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Is there anything I can do to avoid having any more birds fly into my car (other than not driving at all)?&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm really upset by these incidents and want to do what I can to avoid killing any more of these beautiful birds.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Jamie Bergerson
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Do you Yahoo!?
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;Meet the all-new My Yahoo! – Try it today!
<DIV></DIV></div></html>