[mou] Spruce Grouse, Lake Co.

Conny Brunell connyb@mycidco.com
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:09:34

Early this morning Leslie Marcus, Susan Schumacher and I headed up CR2 in Lake County to look for Spruce Grouse.  We found our first male in the middle of the road at 7:00 am on CR 2, 5.5 miles North of CR 15.  The second male also in the middle of the road, 15.2 miles north from CR 15 (just .2 miles from the Sand River sign) at 7:25.  They both stayed in the middle of the road picking grit until an oncoming car flushed them into the woods.  We were lucky that there were no snowmobiles out on a Monday morning, and the logging trucks did not get rolling until after we had a chance to watch them up close.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Cty
connyb@mycidco.com