[mou] Birds 1/7-8

Laura Erickson lauraerickson@abac.com
Fri, 09 Jan 2004 17:05:02 -0600

A flock of about 50 Bohemian Waxwings flew over my neighborhood yesterday,
between 47th and 48th Avenue East, from Superior Street up to Dodge
street.  I had 6 juncoes feeding in the back of my yard this
afternoon.  There were hundreds of siskins and redpolls in my yard today,
though I couldn't pick out a Hoary.  And White-winged Crossbills were all
around the neighborhood the past few days, and in many of my backyard
trees, sometimes just perching in the sun in bare deciduous trees as well
as pigging out in the spruce trees.

Laura Erickson
Duluth, MN

Producer, "For the Birds" radio program
<http://www.lauraerickson.com/>

There is symbolic as well as actual beauty in the migration of
birds.  There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of
nature--the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after the winter.

                                 --Rachel Carson