[mou] 3 Great Gray Owls and a Timber Wolf along Aitkin C.R.18

Warren Nelson wenelson@mlecmn.net
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 18:13:45 -0600

This afternoon between 4:00 and 4:30, I had three Great Gray Owls along
Aitkin C.R. 18.  There were two owls about one half mile to the west of
Pietz's Road right at the end of the driveway going into the Virgil
Rhodes residents.  These were sitting within thirty feet of each other
and I presume that they are a pair.  The third owl was two tenths of a
mile to the east of the Hebron Cemetery on the south side of the road.
While watching this owl, a beautiful timber wolf (gray wolf) came out of
the woods on the south side of the road , walked a short distance toward
my car and then ran off into the woods on the north side of the road.
An interesting afternoon.    Warren Nelson