[mou] SW trip a success!

TeamVagrant@aol.com TeamVagrant@aol.com
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 23:05:01 EDT

--part1_15b.36915380.2dee9ddd_boundary

Thanks to those who helped with pointers for my annual trip with my dad and
another retired friend.  Charlie was able to add 15 birds to his list - he's
taken up birding just since he retired from UMD and is really enjoying it.
Some highlights include the Blue Grosbeak pair at Blue mounds.  We were
offered but one look in 3 hours on the Bur Oak trail so we thought we were lucky.
The Orchard Oriole was also a treat.  Lots of flycatchers, but my untrained
eye finds them very frustrating. Salt Lake provided us some wonderful
observations of Wilson's and Red-necked Phalaropes, along with Dunlins, SPPlovers,
Bairdes and Least Sandpipers and numerous sp. of ducks.  We really scoped hard for
an Avocet to no avail.

Chris Elmgren
Gnesen twp.
St. Louis County

--part1_15b.36915380.2dee9ddd_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#ffffff"><FONT  BA=
CK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMI=
LY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Thanks to those who helped with p=
ointers for my annual trip with my dad and another retired friend.&nbsp; Cha=
rlie was able to add 15 birds to his list - he's taken up birding just since=
 he retired from UMD and is really enjoying it.<BR>
Some highlights include the Blue Grosbeak pair at Blue mounds.&nbsp; We were=
 offered but one look in 3 hours on the Bur Oak trail so we thought we were=20=
lucky.&nbsp; The Orchard Oriole was also a treat.&nbsp; Lots of flycatchers,=
 but my untrained eye finds them very frustrating. Salt Lake provided us som=
e wonderful observations of Wilson's and Red-necked Phalaropes, along with D=
unlins, SPPlovers, Bairdes and Least Sandpipers and numerous sp. of ducks.&n=
bsp; We really scoped hard for an Avocet to no avail.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=
>Chris Elmgren<BR>
Gnesen twp.<BR>
St. Louis County<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_15b.36915380.2dee9ddd_boundary--