[mou] Ramblings

Michael Hendrickson smithville4@charter.net
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 23:18:55 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C45C9D.1E112F00

At night I cruise and check all the states surrounding Minnesota and see =
whats going on. Well I ran across a report that Great Tits were reported =
to nest successfully in Illinois and thye attempted to nest in WI. I =
also read sometime ago that Bob Russell reported that a Great Tit was =
seen in Grand Marais, MN. When was the year and was it this year?

I heard that some guy or people (?) were releasing a lot of European =
species like Great Tit and some kind of Siskin, forgot the name. By the =
way this Siskin is being reported in Wisconsin as well.

I guess it won't be to long that Great Tits will be establishing a =
population and it will grow and move like the House Finch. Well maybe =
not but hey I seen the pictures of Great Tits and there neat looking =
birds.

Also is it just me but are butterflies wayyy down in numbers this year =
because of the cold weather patterns. I been out netting dragonflies and =
seldom see butterflies around. I so far netted and photo about 10 =
species of dragonflies. I great pics of a 12 spotted skimmer.=20

Also heard thru second hand that breeding bird census work in the NE and =
North Central Minnesota are down. Very little singing in the woods thru =
most of June. For example I noticed there are not as many Red-eye Vireos =
singing and the times I been at Sax Zim its awfully quiet. =20

Mike Hendrickson
"waiting for Great Tit to visit my yard"
Duluth, MN
------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C45C9D.1E112F00

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>At night I cruise and check all the =
states=20
surrounding Minnesota and see whats going on. Well I ran across a report =
that=20
Great Tits were reported to nest successfully in Illinois and thye =
attempted to=20
nest in WI. I also read sometime ago that Bob Russell reported that a =
Great Tit=20
was seen in Grand Marais, MN. When was the year and was it this=20
year?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I heard that some guy or people (?) =
were releasing=20
a lot of European species like Great Tit and some kind of Siskin, forgot =
the=20
name. By the way this Siskin is being reported in Wisconsin as=20
well.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I guess it won't be to long that Great =
Tits will be=20
establishing a population and it will grow and move like the House =
Finch. Well=20
maybe not but hey I seen the pictures of Great Tits and there neat =
looking=20
birds.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Also is it just me but are butterflies =
wayyy down=20
in numbers this year because of the cold weather patterns. I been out =
netting=20
dragonflies and seldom see butterflies around. I so far netted and photo =
about=20
10 species of dragonflies. I great pics of a 12 spotted=20
skimmer.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Also heard thru second hand that =
breeding bird=20
census work in the NE and North Central Minnesota are down. Very little =
singing=20
in the woods thru most of June. For example I noticed there are not as =
many=20
Red-eye Vireos singing and the times I been at Sax Zim its awfully =
quiet.&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mike Hendrickson</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"waiting for Great Tit to visit my=20
yard"</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Duluth, MN</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C45C9D.1E112F00--