[mou] Fw: Q Prime denied!

Steve Weston Steve Weston" <sweston2@comcast.net
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 01:55:15 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Williams, Bob [mailto:BXWilliams@CBBURNET.COM]

Hi Gang, I thought I would let you all know that Q Prime was denied a
conditional use permit by the Scott County Board of Commissioners today [in their quest to build an outdoor amphitheather
adjacent to and aimed into the refuge at Louisville Swamp].
Many thanks to Lois for her hard work on this.  She was one of the hardy
souls who stayed until well after midnight last Wednesday to testify on
this.  I'm sure it helped.  She was able to quote from the trail guide
and tell the board that the birding trail was a state-funded project.
There will be other battles in the future that will affect this and
perhaps other sites on the trail.  Our guide helps local authorities to
understand the significance of the sites on the trail.
I am still waiting to hear from the Friends about their annual shindig
in September.  I spoke briefly with Lori Nelson last night at the
hearing and she said that the details on their end have not been worked
out yet.  I will pass them along as I hear of them.  Have a great 4th of July weekend.
Bob

There is no word on whether Q-Prime is still considering their threatened court action.

Steve Weston on Quigley Lake in Eagan
sweston2@comcast.net