[mou] Lark Bunting - More Info

birder-birding5331@mailblocks.com birder-birding5331@mailblocks.com
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 13:33:19 -0700

I seen the L. Bunting at lunch then again between 6:00 and 6:30 last
night. I was busy today so I haven't had a chance to go take a look yet.
The second time I've seen him he flew to a wooden bridge on the path
(path is going north-south). You can look for him there also. I never
refound him but it was getting dark.

If you park at Schwarzrock's Pit:
On the north side of the farmer's field (east side of road) there is a
bench where a paved path begins, follow it to the river. That path goes
north, take the gavel path south. The L. Bunting sings 1/4 of the way
past the bend (river) between the bend and the road.

Or:
Go towards Golf Course you will see a gravel path (left side of road)
going along the driving range. The L. Bunting sings 3/4 of the way to
the bend in the path (river).

If you park at the Golf Course:
Go towards Schwarzrock's Pit you will see a gravel path (right side of
road) going along the driving range. The L. Bunting sings 3/4 of the
way to the bend in the path (river).

Nathan Wersal
Springfield
Brown County