[mou] Sandy Komito

Michael Hendrickson smithville4@charter.net
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:41:46 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C407A0.E39D5FC0

Hello:

I would like to comment about Laura Erickson's comments about Sandy =
Komito.

I guided Sandy during that year he rebroke his big year record. I got to =
be with Sandy for a full day driving around Lake and St. Louis Co. =
Personally I really like Sandy Komito. Sandy is really a kool guy. Sure =
he has a lot of money but he grew up poor and started a roofing company. =
I worked on flat top roofs and we had a lot in common. We laughed a lot =
and he was very generous to me.

Also there was other comments about Sandy on how he acted at Attu. If =
you think about it if you been to Attu several ltimes before I would =
also sit in the shack and wait by the radio for certain birds to chase.

Yes Sandy could of paid the $5.00 but if you read the book closely he =
was there only for 1/2 hour or less. Also the ranger let him in free to =
pursue the bird. It was a park personnel decision. Its not like Sandy =
pointed a gun at the person and forced himself in w/o paying. He asked =
and she said "ok". Don't blame Sandy blame the person who let him in =
free. PITY stuff!

Also ducks stamps are kool to buy and collect if your into that hobby. I =
don't know if were being told to buy ducks stamps as a order by a few =
Minn birders or is it just a nice thought to consider buying ducks =
stamps? Personally I'm not planning on buying a duck stamp and than make =
it into  some sort clothing accessory for my jacket or hat. I thought =
last time this came up on MOU listserve we all agree everyone that bird =
watches gives back one way or another.

Funeral was beautiful and I am feeling much much better! Thanks for all =
letters and sympathy cards I got in the mail!

Mike
------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C407A0.E39D5FC0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I would like to comment about Laura =
Erickson's=20
comments about Sandy Komito.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I guided Sandy during that year he =
rebroke his big=20
year record. I got to be with Sandy for a full day driving around Lake =
and St.=20
Louis Co. Personally I really like Sandy Komito. Sandy is really a kool =
guy.=20
Sure he has a lot of money but he grew up poor and started a roofing =
company. I=20
worked on flat top roofs and we had a lot in common. We laughed a lot =
and he was=20
very generous to me.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Also there was other comments about =
Sandy on how he=20
acted at Attu. If you think about it if you been to Attu several ltimes =
before I=20
would also sit in the shack and wait by the radio for certain birds to=20
chase.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Yes Sandy could of paid the $5.00 but =
if you read=20
the book closely he was there only for 1/2 hour or less. Also the ranger =
let him=20
in free to pursue the bird. It was a park personnel decision. Its not =
like Sandy=20
pointed a gun at the person and forced himself in w/o paying. He asked =
and she=20
said "ok". Don't blame Sandy blame the person who let him in free. PITY=20
stuff!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Also ducks stamps are kool to buy and =
collect if=20
your into that hobby. I don't know if were being told to buy ducks =
stamps as a=20
order by a few Minn birders or is it just a nice thought to consider =
buying=20
ducks stamps? Personally&nbsp;I'm not&nbsp;planning on buying a duck =
stamp and=20
than make it into&nbsp; some sort clothing accessory for my jacket or =
hat. I=20
thought last time this came up on MOU listserve we all agree everyone =
that bird=20
watches gives back one way or another.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Funeral was beautiful and I am feeling =
much much=20
better! Thanks for all letters and sympathy cards I got in the=20
mail!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mike</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C407A0.E39D5FC0--