[mou] FW: [wisb] Golden Eagles

Jim Williams two-jays@att.net
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 10:10:31 -0800

forward by Jim Williams

----------
From: "Ryan Brady" <ryanbrady10@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 08:37:28 -0700
To: "Wisconsin Birding Network" <wisbirdn@lawrence.edu>
Subject: [wisb] Golden Eagles

It's been a fabulous week for Golden Eagles at Chequamegon Bay Hawkwatch
here in Ashland with at least 13 flying by in the past five days.  Our
season total (since March 1) is already 18 with more adults and some
subadults and juveniles to come through April.  Our current single season
record for Goldens is 25 (2002).

Not much change otherwise.  Northern Shrikes, Common Redpolls, and Bohemian
Waxwings continue.  Common Goldeneye, Hooded Merganser, Common Merganser,
Mallards, Black Duck, Canada Goose, and Mute Swan can be found in what
little open water we have.  Spring excitement comes easily here in the north
woods, so I was thrilled to see the season's first RING-BILLED GULL
yesterday within a flock of Herrings along the Ashland lakeshore.

Ryan Brady
1521 Fifth Street East
Ashland, WI  54806
715-682-1103