[mou] Cottonwood/Jackson - GT Grackle, White fronted Geese, & likely Mt Bluebird

Brad Bolduan bbolduan@rconnect.com
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 16:14:02 -0600

Things are picking up down here like everywhere else.

I saw a Great/Boat-tailed Grackle today along MN86 at the intersection on
Jackson Co 4 eastbound.  The bird landed on the ice next to some Canada
Geese before flew south for at least 2 miles.

Greater White-fronted Geese have been rather common down here.  I have seen
or heard hundreds per day each of the three times I went into western
Jackson county this week.

Lastly, I saw a bluebird on the outskirts of Windom yesterday.  Based its
relatively light shade of blue and a long body shape I am fairly certain
that it was a Mountain Bluebird.  The bird was well seen from the side and
back while in flight, but I have a slight reservation about calling it a
definate Mountain Bluebird.  The bird was seen at a time when I was unable
to stop.  It was not relocated today.

Brad Bolduan
Windom