[mou] OT: Hawks

sharrie slafleur@mchsi.com
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 10:13:42 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C409AD.0734A7A0

I live in Prior Lake Mn, right in heart of town and i am amazed at the =
amount of hawks i see.  i drive school bus so iam on the road all day so =
i have the opportunity to be all over town. I always thought hawks were =
native to the woods. my only guide is the golden guide bird book, but =
last friday i got some shots of two different hawks.. one in the parking =
lot of a rainbow if you can imagine.. i am just having a hard time =
indentifying which ones they are.. one time i pulled up to a hawk eating =
on the side of the road mistaking it for a hurt goose, it was that =
large, he flew off with his snake he had caught ..he was gorgeous..the =
red tail hawk i have no problem. i see the same one now just about =
everyday for the last 5 years. but are there peregrine falcons in this =
area. or harrier's .. can anyone recommend a good book for a beginner =
and the minnesota area.. thanks so much...

shari..
i hope iam not too off topic..
i had wild female turkey at my bird feeders with the sparrows.
------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C409AD.0734A7A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D3>I live in Prior Lake Mn, right in heart =
of town and=20
i am amazed at the amount of hawks i see.&nbsp; i drive school bus so =
iam on the=20
road all day so i have the opportunity to be all over town. I always =
thought=20
hawks were native to the woods. my only guide is the golden guide bird =
book, but=20
last friday i got some shots of two different hawks.. one in the parking =
lot of=20
a rainbow if you can imagine.. i am just having a hard time indentifying =
which=20
ones they are.. one time i pulled up to a hawk eating on the side of the =
road=20
mistaking it for a hurt goose, it was that large, he flew off with his =
snake he=20
had caught ..he was gorgeous..the red tail hawk i have no problem. i see =
the=20
same one now just about everyday for the last 5 years. but are there =
peregrine=20
falcons in this area. or harrier's .. can anyone recommend a good book =
for a=20
beginner and the minnesota area.. thanks so much...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>shari..</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>i hope iam not too off topic..</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>i had wild female turkey at my bird feeders with =
the=20
sparrows. </FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C409AD.0734A7A0--