[mou] Tough Turkeys

Roberta.Gitchel@co.hennepin.mn.us Roberta.Gitchel@co.hennepin.mn.us
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 07:17:54 -0600

Took a double take driving home from work late yesterday afternoon.......
Construction project on I494 through the Bloomington/Edina/Richfield
corridor has turned odd pieces of former marshland into a landscape
resembling WWI "no man's land."  No spot worse than the bit in Bloomington
bounded by E. Bush Lake Road and 82nd St. (near Normandale Lake) -- ravaged
earth.  Yet, there in the midst of that barren mess I spotted 12+ turkeys
merrily doing their turkey thing (scratching for gravel?).  Tough birds.