[mou] Black Hawk

Steve Weston Steve Weston" <sweston2@comcast.net
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 01:45:14 -0600

Tuesday-
today I saw a black hawk, a totally melanistic buteo, on a lamp-post at the 77th Street entrance to Hwy 100 in Edina.   The
interesting thing is that I found this hawk at this location just over three months ago being harrassed by crows.  At the
time I figured it was a Rough-legged Hawk, given the relative abundance of that color  morph, but finding it sitting on the
lamppost makes me suspect that it might actually be a much rarer dark morph Red-tailed.  It seems I only find this hawk when
negotiating traffic in evening rush hour.

Steve Weston on Quigley Lake in Eagan
sweston2@comcast.net