[mou] Southern Minnesota - 3/23/04

EgretCMan@aol.com EgretCMan@aol.com
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 05:55:53 EST

-------------------------------1080125753

3/23/04

Joe Holliman, Ken Oulman and I spent the day birding in Faribault, Freeborn,
Blue Earth and Steele Counties.  Lots of birds on the move.  Observed over 100
Bald Eagles, including over 80 at Walnut Lake WMA in Faribault County.  Had
Greater White-fronted, Snow & Ross's Geese at Lura Lake in Blue Earth County
and in the wetland North of Rice Lake State Park in Steele County.  Ended the
day with 58 species of birds, including some of the following.

@ Pied-billed Grebe
@ Tundra Swan - Steele County - across from Rice Lake State Park
@ Greater White-fronted Goose
@ Snow Goose
@ Ross's Goose
@ Greater Scaup - Faribault County - Pihl's County Park
@ Ruddy Duck - Faribault County - Pihl's County Park
@ Wild Turkey - Freeborn County - On ice on Geneva Lake
@ American Tree Sparrow - observed in large numbers in all 4 counties

Craig Mandel - EgretCMan@aol.com - Minnetonka, MN

-------------------------------1080125753

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>3/23/04</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Joe Holliman, Ken Oulman and I spent the day birding in Faribault, Free=
born, Blue Earth and Steele Counties.&nbsp;&nbsp;Lots of birds on the move.&=
nbsp; Observed over 100 Bald Eagles, including over 80 at Walnut Lake WMA in=
 Faribault County.&nbsp; Had Greater White-fronted, Snow&nbsp;&amp; Ross's G=
eese at&nbsp;Lura Lake in Blue Earth County and in the wetland North of Rice=
 Lake State Park in Steele County.&nbsp; Ended the day with 58 species of bi=
rds, including some of the following.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>@ Pied-billed Grebe</DIV>
<DIV>@ Tundra Swan - Steele County&nbsp;- across from Rice Lake State Park</=

<DIV>@ Greater White-fronted Goose</DIV>
<DIV>@ Snow Goose</DIV>
<DIV>@ Ross's Goose</DIV>
<DIV>@ Greater Scaup - Faribault County - Pihl's County Park</DIV>
<DIV>@ Ruddy Duck - Faribault County - Pihl's County Park</DIV>
<DIV>@ Wild Turkey - Freeborn County - On ice on Geneva Lake</DIV>
<DIV>@ American Tree Sparrow - observed in large numbers in all 4 counties</=

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DArial size=3D2 PTSIZE=3D"10" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF"=