[mou] the GUIDELINES business

Terence Brashear birdnird@yahoo.com
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:57:51 -0800 (PST)

I'm going to address this in the open since that is
where it was posted.

Guidelines are just that - something to guide us.
This is not about being a control freak, if that was
the case I would have deleted Mike's post since it
ended up being deferred due to being such a long
message.  I did not agree with everything Mike said,
but he made some valid points.  Mike and I are
friends.  I spent enough time with him for him to form
an opinion of me.  I respect that.

Christine's message, unlike my original "friendly
reminder" post, and your message Tim are just
downright rude and disrespectful.

If you want to do something constructive, volunteer
your time to the MOU to make it the organization you
wish it to be.  Comments like "Making rules, making
limitations, being in charge, etc. etc. etc. ad
nauseum--it makes them feel happy inside. Let's not
make them happy." are counterproductive.

Overall Paul, Dave, Tony and I have let things be
which is the way I like it.  I'm not here to be a
control freak, I was asked to participate as a
moderator.

It is a thankless job especially with ungrateful
people getting on a soapbox to vent.

I've typed and deleted a lot of messages today.  This
one needed to be sent.

Regards,

Terry

--- "Houghton, Timothy D. "