[mou] Guidelines

Anderson, Diane M.(QC) anderson.diane@mayo.edu
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 19:05:03 -0600

We have been through this before.  The original Minnesota birding listserve, MnBird, has and will always welcome any sightings and birdly related discussions.  In a divisive split, the MOU set up a website that was to have the purpose of serving MOU members with rare and unusual bird sightings, along with MOU business related items.  That was the original intent and remains so today, I think.  Some MOU members, for personal reasons, refuse to post sightings to the MnBird listserve, although most subscribe to both listserves and thus occasionally get duplicate posts.  It works the other direction as well.  Intelligent, unselfish birders whose main goal is to share bird sightings will often forward the appropriate sightings that get posted to only one website so no one goes uninformed.   Keep the language clean, tempers in check, and post rare stuff to both sites and everyday stuff to MnBird.   My advice is to subscribe to both and share and learn all you can.  Getting caught u
 p in name-calling and taking sides is a huge waste of valuable birding time, and does absolutely no good any of us.  Just think of what you are missing out there!  Could be a Cinnamon Teal!

	Diane M. Anderson RT(R)
	Medical Imaging Technical Services
	Department of Radiology
	Mayo Clinic Rochester