[mou] the GUIDELINES business

Houghton, Timothy D. tdhoughton@stcloudstate.edu
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 19:57:23 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C412D5.AE88FD7F

You know, this not so subtly suggested notion that one can't criticize =
the way things are done by the powers within the MOU unless one =
volunteers to work for the MOU--that doesn't make any sense. It's an =
idea that I've heard floated before--generally from people who either =
like everything about the MOU or from people who are inimidated by the =
MOU and, for instance, don't want anyone to question their various =
submitted lists. Last year when the trash collectors were doing a bad =
job picking up my garbage, I called and complained. I was paying them =
for a service--and I didn't think they were doing it well. I didn't =
volunteer to do the trash collecting myself. I'm a paying member of the =
MOU and I can voice my criticisms--and have a good right to do =
so--without having to work for MOU. Perhaps you, Terry, never complain =
about anything unless you want to do that job yourself. But I doubt =
that. And as for being "downright rude and disrespectful"--your motives =
are transparent.

Tim Houghton