[mou] Wishful Grosbeaks

Kelly Larson larson@redwing.net
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 20:12:29 -0600

Thanks to all who commented on my very early Rose-breasted Grosbeak
sighting. All were thoughtful in their suggestions. I left the shop and
went home for the afternoon to watch the feeders. They finally showed up
again, female Purple Finch. I have only seen Purple Finch twice, and
only the males. Boy were these hens BIG! A male showed up and sat right
next to a female. She really was a bit larger than the male! Sharon's
mention of Oriole reports in Minnetonka did get me a little excited. And
we have had a few other early first sightings reported this spring. Yes,
it was wishful thinking, thanks for the gentle call back to reality.

I put out an orange and some nectar just in case...

--
Kelly Larson
Feathered Friend Wild Bird Store

The 3rd Annual Great River Birding Festival Is Coming...
Hosted by Wabasha, MN on May 14-15-16 2004.
http://www.mississippi-river.org/birding/

Visit Our Website
http://www.thefeatheredfriend.com