[mou] Merlins back in Duluth's Lakeside

Laura Erickson lauraerickson@abac.com
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 07:10:31 -0600

A pair of Merlins has been calling and flying about in my neighborhood this
morning.

Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control, my family prefers
that no birders show up unannounced on our property, at least for a
while.  Please email or call ahead if you plan to check out birds in our
yard.  I've let my feeders go dry for a week because suddenly crows and
starlings got out of control, but am going to fill them today in
anticipation of enjoying a good sparrow migration.

Laura Erickson
Duluth, MN

Producer, "For the Birds" radio program
<http://www.lauraerickson.com/>

There is symbolic as well as actual beauty in the migration of
birds.  There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of
nature--the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after the winter.

                                 --Rachel Carson

(and, I might add, a Democrat after the Republican).