[mou] Rock Wren/Clay Co

Dan & Sandy Thimgan thimgan@digitaljam.com
Mon, 10 May 2004 16:30:54 -0500

The Rock Wren in Clay Co. was loudly singing on site today (Monday, May 10)
from 12:15-12:45.  He was not at Rock Pile 6006 when we first arrived but
was found about 100 yards east of this site.  But, he seems to show real
fidelity to 6006 and ultimately flew there where he repeatedly cycled
through his repertory of song phrases.  He frequently moved across to nearby
Rock Pile 6002 and sang there as well.

Someone helpfully had scratched some arrows on the gravel road near the pit
area, but of course we didn't notice them until we were leaving.

Directions as previously posted:
>From state highway 9, take Clay County Road 108 east. It will become a
gravel road in about three miles and at the 'T' go north. The road will soon
go east, and after a quarter of a mile look for the gravel pit. The bird was
on the right side of the road going between the two large rock piles in the
middle of the pit. The rock piles are labeled "6006".
--
Dan & Sandy Thimgan
Battle Lake, MN