[mou] Painted Bunting update

Michael Hendrickson smithville4@charter.net
Thu, 13 May 2004 22:01:35 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C43935.DBAF1170

I just got back from Hoyt Lakes and saw the Painted Bunting at 227 Kent =
Rd. I arrived there around 5:15pm and saw the bird at 5:40pm. Peder =
Svingen arrived shortly after that and we watch the bird a few times at =
the feeder or in the spruce tree.

The bird is shy and the house sits on a corner lot. There seems to be a =
good deal of neighborhood traffic for some reason and the bird was =
flushed up by passing cars. With some patience you should be able to see =
the bird if its still around.=20

If you go here are the directions from Duluth. Take Hwy 4 from Duluth =
and drive north to Co. Rd. 16 or you can drive a few miles miles north =
on 4 and look for a sign pointing you to Aurora or drive east on 16 for =
a few miles and take a left on Co. Rd 99 and 99 drives into Aurora. Once =
in Aurora take a right at the stop sign and drive 5 miles to Hoyt Lakes. =
Take a left at the first stop sign in Hoyt Lakes which is called Suffox =
or Suffolks. Watch for Kent Rd on your left side and take a left on Kent =
and drive 2 1/4 blocks and watch for a green house on your left (227 =
Kent Rd). Park on Kent and position yourself so you can see the hanging =
tube feeder under the Scotch Tree. This is the only feeder the bird =
visits.

Good Luck.

Mike Hendrickson
Duluth
------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C43935.DBAF1170

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I just got back from Hoyt Lakes and saw =
the Painted=20
Bunting at 227 Kent Rd. I arrived there around 5:15pm and saw the bird =
at=20
5:40pm. Peder Svingen arrived shortly after that and we watch the bird a =
few=20
times at the feeder or in the spruce tree.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The bird is shy and the house sits on a =
corner lot.=20
There seems to be a good deal of neighborhood traffic for some reason =
and the=20
bird was flushed up by passing cars. With some patience you should be =
able to=20
see the bird if its still around. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If you go here are the directions from =
Duluth. Take=20
Hwy 4 from Duluth and drive north to Co. Rd. 16 or you can drive a few =
miles=20
miles north on 4 and look for a sign pointing you to Aurora or drive =
east on 16=20
for a few miles and take a left on Co. Rd 99 and 99 drives into Aurora. =
Once in=20
Aurora take a right at the stop sign and drive 5 miles to Hoyt Lakes. =
Take a=20
left at the first stop sign in Hoyt Lakes which is called Suffox or =
Suffolks.=20
Watch for Kent Rd on your left side and take a left on Kent and drive 2 =
1/4=20
blocks and watch for a green house on your left (227 Kent Rd). Park on =
Kent and=20
position yourself so you can see the hanging tube feeder under the =
Scotch Tree.=20
This is the only feeder the bird visits.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Good Luck.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mike Hendrickson</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Duluth</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C43935.DBAF1170--