Fw: [mou] Lake Byllesby Birds, Dakota Co.

Farrel Graves bgraves@usfamily.net
Fri, 14 May 2004 14:23:40 -0500

This morning around 10 am we saw several of slow, low flying Pelicans.
Couldn't see any in the water but saw several flocks of wild turkeys while
looking for them...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Conny Brunell" <connyb@mycidco.com>
To: <Mou-net@cbs.umn.edu>
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2004 3:54 PM
Subject: [mou] Lake Byllesby Birds, Dakota Co.

> This afternoon from 12:30-2:30 at Lake Byllesby which is on CR 88 (292nd
St E) in Randolph, on the south side of the road, out from the first gated
pullout on the north shoreline there were easily a 1000 shorebirds out on
the mudflats.  At one point I counted 500 on the ground just on half of the
mudflats.

> There was a flock of 30 Short-billed Dowitchers feeding with a flock of 25
Dunlin (many others also), and as far as you could see in the scope Lesser
Yellowlegs, Semipalmated, Least (dominateing the numbers) Pectoral (many),
White-rumped, Baird's, Sanderling, Spotted, Wilson's Phalarope, Semipalmated
Plover (many).  There was also a Ross's Goose that came out to the shoreline
from behind the cattails with 2 Canada Geese.