[mou] Northwest MN birding and Warren Sewage ponds closed

Richard Hoyme rhoyme@msn.com
Sun, 30 May 2004 19:37:35 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0796_01C4467D.8EA6F820

Bob Dunlap and I birded Northwest Minnesota this weekend, leaving early =
due to rain. A couple of notes..

We stopped by the sewage ponds at Warren and while they used to be open =
and drivable, they now have a spanking new chain link fence with gate =
and topped with barded wire. The fence is near the road and goes from =
one ditch to the other, clearly indicating that neither cars or =
pedestrians are welcome. Too bad, since these ponds have had some good =
finds in the past.

Nothing unusual to report on bird finds. We had 18 species of Warblers =
at Agaziz NWR in the rain. Thanks to Jeanie Joppru for birding with us. =
Shorebirds are scarce right now. We did find one field with about 50 =
American Golden Plovers, a few Marbled Godwits, and Killdeer. That was =
it. The smaller creeks are at flood stage in some areas and there is =
water everywhere in the fields.=20

Rick Hoyme

------=_NextPart_000_0796_01C4467D.8EA6F820

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1>
<STYLE></STYLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2737.800" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; =
COLOR: #000000; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; PADDING-TOP: 15px; FONT-STYLE: =
normal; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; =
BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; TEXT-DECORATION: none; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: =
none"=20
leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 acc_role=3D"text" CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area"><?xml:namespace prefix=3D"v" =
/><?xml:namespace prefix=3D"o" />
<DIV>Bob Dunlap and I birded Northwest Minnesota this weekend, leaving =
early due=20
to rain. A couple of notes..</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>We stopped by the sewage ponds at Warren and while they used to be =
open and=20
drivable, they now have a spanking new chain link fence with gate and =
topped=20
with barded wire. The fence is near the road and goes from one ditch to =
the=20
other, clearly indicating that neither cars or pedestrians are welcome. =
Too bad,=20
since these ponds have had some good finds in the past.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Nothing unusual to report on bird finds. We had 18 species of =
Warblers at=20
Agaziz NWR in the rain. Thanks to Jeanie Joppru for birding with us. =
Shorebirds=20
are scarce right now. We did find one field with about 50 American =
Golden=20
Plovers, a few Marbled Godwits, and Killdeer. That was it. The smaller =
creeks=20
are at flood stage in some areas and there is water everywhere in the =
fields.=20
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Rick Hoyme</DIV></BODY></HTML>