[mou] more Great Gray Owls - St. Louis & Lake Co.

Jim Lind jslind@frontiernet.net
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 18:24:00 -0600

This evening I found 3 Great Gray Owls along the back roads between
Duluth and Two Harbors:

1 along the Lismore Rd (CR 43), 0.6 mile west of the McQuade Rd (CR
33).  Perched on a telephone wire at the edge of a black ash swamp.

1 along the App Rd (CR 271), 0.9 mile north of the West Knife River
Rd (CR 231).  In an open scrub swamp near a black spruce bog.

1 on the north side of the Two Harbors golf course along Lake Co.
Highway 2, 0.5 mile north of Highway 61.  I've heard second-hand
reports of a large gray owl here since last week.

Jim Lind
Two Harbors