[mou] California Gull, L. Calhoun

Bruce Fall bafall@umn.edu
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 11:36:13 -0600

On 31 October (4:00-5:00 p.m., overcast) and 2 November (4:50-5:20
p.m., clear) I observed a 1st-winter California Gull among the several
hundred Herring and Ring-billed gulls swimming and roosting on the west
side of Lake Calhoun (Minneapolis). The California Gull was with the
mostly Herring Gull subgroup nearer the west shore (as close as 150 m).
If you find the CAGU, please document it--thus far I lack information
on wing or tail pattern in flight. Also present both days was a
1st-winter Thayer's Gull, and on 2 Nov. only, 1 adult Lesser
Black-backed Gull and 6 adult Bonaparte's Gulls.

Bruce A. Fall
Minneapolis