[mou] Common Redpolls and Broken Cars

Strix_varia@comcast.net Strix_varia@comcast.net
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 05:22:27 +0000

I spent the weekend trying to enjoy a camping trip at Gooseberry Falls, but
encountered car troubles and just an overall lack of time. The only thing that
really sparked my interest was a flock of Common Redpolls seen all three days at
campsite #62. There were a few Pine Siskins that seemed to show up whenever the Redpolls did but were never really part of the flock. Common Ravens also made an appearance in the trees above the site. I also counted five Rough-Legged Hawks on Hwy 61 between Two Harbors and Gooseberry Falls. Idid spend a little time at Park Point in Duluth but it was really quiet. The only birds I saw were Red Breasted Nuthatches and a pair of Horned Grebes. I had hoped to get out to Sax-Zim but unfortunatley my car fell to peices before I got a chance. As a result i spent six hours in a Holiday just outside proctor waiting for someone
to come get me and my disabled vehicle. Oh well, maybe next time.

Nick Tangen
Burnsville, MN