[mou] Clark's Nutcracker - Silver Bay, Lake County

Jim Lind jlind@nrri.umn.edu
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 12:11:16 -0500

I just got word about a Clark's Nutcracker coming to a feeder this morning in Silver Bay,
Lake County.  The bird was still there as of about 11:30 am, and it was first seen this
morning around 8:00 am.  The homeowner has video of the bird and has described all
of the appropriate field marks.

The homeowner is open to having people come and look for the bird.  The address is
144 Edison Boulevard, which is apparently in a residential area of town.  I don't yet have
a lot of the details, but the feeder is the visible from the sidewalk and road.  Since the
feeder is apparently between the house and garage, it doesn't sound like there is any
reason to go into the backyard.  Please use common sense and don't tresspass into the
neighbors' yards, park on the street and don't block driveways, be nice, etc..

I am going to look for the bird soon and will be sure to post more details regarding
procedures and directions later today.

Jim Lind
Two Harbors