[mou] RE: [mnbird] Good Bird Questions

Jeanie Joppru ajjoppru@wiktel.com
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 22:45:42 -0500

I would tend to agree with Jim. However, I think the answer has to match
the questionner. That is, one can tell what is meant by how the question
is asked. A serious lister can ask the question and mean "Have you seen
any species not often seen or rare?" while a casual birder might just
mean "Have you seen an interesting bird?". To the latter question, one
might legitimately answer "they are all good birds". If you pay
attention, you can usually tell what is meant, and of course if you know
the birder, you will certainly know how to answer.
Jeanie