[mou] MRVAC - Mille Lac's Lake - Field trip report - 10/26/2004

EgretCMan@aol.com EgretCMan@aol.com
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 01:29:55 EDT

-------------------------------1098941395

10/26/04

We encounter 53 species of birds on and around Lake Mille Lac's with the
following being some of the more unusual species encountered.

@ Pacific Loon - 12:10pm - This bird was observed from CR 35 on the South
side of Vineland Bay.  The bird was actively diving about mid way in the bay.  We
tried to get a closer view from the North side of the bay, but the viewing
was much better from the South side and we were unable to relocate the bird
after that.

@ Black-bellied Plover, Sanderling & Dunlin - CR 35, just before it heads
back to Hyw 169 along Vineland Bay.

@ Northern Shrike - Several were observed South of the town of Cove

@ Common Raven - CR 27, 1/2 mile East of Hyw 169.

@ Townsend's Solitaire - 8:45am - This bird briefly observed perched on the
East side of the Public Access at the town of Cove on the South West side of
Lake Mille Lac's and then observed in flight by the group.  We searched the area
West and South of the boat access for the next hour or so without success in
relocating the bird.

Craig Mandel - EgretCMan@aol.com - Minnetonka, MN

-------------------------------1098941395

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2523" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>10/26/04</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>We encounter 53 species of birds on and around Lake Mille Lac's with th=
e following being some of the more unusual species encountered.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>@ Pacific Loon - 12:10pm - This bird was observed from CR 35 on the Sou=
th side of Vineland Bay.&nbsp;&nbsp;The bird was actively diving&nbsp;about=20=
mid way in the bay.&nbsp; We tried to&nbsp;get a closer view from the North=20=
side of the bay, but&nbsp;the viewing was much better from the South side an=
d we were unable to relocate the bird after that.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>@ Black-bellied Plover, Sanderling &amp; Dunlin - CR 35, just before it=
 heads back to Hyw 169 along Vineland Bay.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>@ Northern Shrike - Several were observed South of the town of Cove</DI=

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>@ Common Raven - CR 27, 1/2 mile East of Hyw 169.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>@ Townsend's Solitaire -&nbsp;8:45am - This bird briefly observed perch=
ed on the East side of the Public Access at the town of Cove on the South We=
st side of Lake Mille Lac's and then observed in flight by the group.&nbsp;&=
nbsp;We searched&nbsp;the area West and South of the boat access for the nex=
t hour or so without success in relocating the bird.&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DArial size=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" PTSIZE=3D"10"=