[mou] Owls Aitkin Co

Cindy Butler cbutler@lcp2.net
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:04:00 -0500

Just an addition to Mike's post, in eastern Aitkin County in an area north
of the town of Tamarack in the past couple of weeks there has been a
Northern Hawk Owl, two Northern Saw-whet Owls, a Long-eared Owl and a Great
Gray Owl. Unfortunately I have not seen them, as they were found in the
Tamarack/Spruce bogs and not close to the roads, but they are out there and
maybe I will get a chance to see some owls one of these days too. My
brother-in-law in Chisago County said he saw a white owl near the river
east of Rush City this week. He's not much of a birder, but a white owl in
the daylight hours is hard to miss and most likely a Snowy Owl. It
certainly is starting out to be a good winter for finding owls, it is
interesting to see where they are being found.
Have fun birding,
Cindy Butler
Tamarack, Aitkin County, MN