[mou] Rice county field trip results

Dave Bartkey cerulean1966@msn.com
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 16:45:36 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C4981E.C345F840

 Hi everyone,
   The Birding Club of Rice County ended up with a very decent day of =
birding. I'd go so far to say that it was the best fall warbler action =
I've ever had personally. We had 65 total species, and we ended up with =
13 warbler species.
Black & White
Northern Parula
Black-throated Green
Wilson's
Golden-winged
Blackburnian
Redstarts
Common Yellowthroat
Tennessee
Canada
Ovenbird
Chestnut-sided
and the warbler we saw in the biggest numbers??
Bay-breasted! They were everywhere! I have never seen anything like it.

  Other highlights were 2 Philadelphia Vireos and a Lincoln's Sparrow. =
We also had an Osprey and a Barred Owl. Nothing for hawk migration yet. =
That should get better in a week or so. We also saw several species of =
frog, butterfly, and dragonfly, which Keith Pulles and his mom, Tana are =
very good at identifying.

  All the participants had a great time and we had a lot of fun, even =
though towards the end, we were all hot, tired, and thirsty.

Good birding!
Dave Bartkey
Faribault, MN
cerulean1966@msn.com<mailto:cerulean1966@msn.com>
------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C4981E.C345F840

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1>
<STYLE></STYLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1458" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; =
COLOR: #000000; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; PADDING-TOP: 15px; FONT-STYLE: =
normal; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; =
BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; TEXT-DECORATION: none; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: =
none"=20
leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 acc_role=3D"text" CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area"><!--[gte IE 5]><?xml:namespace =
prefix=3D"v" /><?xml:namespace prefix=3D"o" /><![endif]-->
<DIV>&nbsp;Hi everyone,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp; &nbsp;The Birding Club of Rice County ended up with a very =
decent=20
day of birding. I'd go so far to say that it was the best fall warbler =
action=20
I've ever had personally. We had 65 total species, and&nbsp;we ended up =
with 13=20
warbler species.</DIV>
<DIV>Black &amp; White</DIV>
<DIV>Northern Parula</DIV>
<DIV>Black-throated Green</DIV>
<DIV>Wilson's</DIV>
<DIV>Golden-winged</DIV>
<DIV>Blackburnian</DIV>
<DIV>Redstarts</DIV>
<DIV>Common Yellowthroat</DIV>
<DIV>Tennessee</DIV>
<DIV>Canada</DIV>
<DIV>Ovenbird</DIV>
<DIV>Chestnut-sided</DIV>
<DIV>and the warbler we saw in the biggest numbers??</DIV>
<DIV>Bay-breasted! They were everywhere! I have never seen anything like =

it.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp; Other highlights were 2 Philadelphia Vireos and a Lincoln's =
Sparrow.=20
We also had an Osprey and a Barred Owl. Nothing for hawk migration yet. =
That=20
should get better in a week or so. We also saw several species of frog,=20
butterfly, and dragonfly, which Keith Pulles and his mom, Tana are very =
good at=20
identifying.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp; All the participants had a great time and we had a lot of =
fun, even=20
though towards the end, we were all hot, tired, and thirsty.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Good birding!</DIV>
<DIV>Dave Bartkey</DIV>
<DIV>Faribault, MN</DIV>