[mou] Red Phalarope, EC Doves

Benjamin Fritchman fieldfare21@hotmail.com
Sun, 12 Sep 2004 09:48:45 -0500

Sorry about not posting last night as I should have, but I refound the red
Phalarope at about 6:30 last night in the NE corner of Salt Lake. It was
pretty easy to pick out and it spent most of its time out in the water a few
feet, I guess as most phalaropes do. The bird seemed pretty content feeding
there, so it might stick around for awhile.

Also of note, I found 2 Eurasian-collared Doves in Marietta, MN, the town 5
miles from Salt Lake. I was driving through when they flew up from the road,
and one landed on the telephone pole. I got really good scope views of it
and was able to eilminate Ringed-turtle Dove. They were seen at the
intersection of 7 and 40 right in town. One flew into the trees in the SW
corner of this intersection.

Ben Fritchman