[mou] Townsends Warbler & Buff-breasted Sandpiper

Steve Weston Steve Weston" <sweston2@comcast.net
Sun, 12 Sep 2004 02:23:32 -0500

Went up to Linwood Lake on Saturday afternoon.  Jeff Dane and I briefly saw the Townsends Warbler at about 3:30.  John
Hockima and one of his crew saw it about a half hour earlier.  The Warbler was with a Pine Warbler.  While there were other
warblers not far away, it was not with a wave.  She was very active and we lost it just seconds after we saw it.  As
reported, it was up high in the white pines.  I did see nine other warbler species.  At least two more were seen by others
near by.

On the way out, Bill Flowers showed me Pool #6, where we found seven species of shorebirds, of which only the Killdeer were
out in the open.  A distant White-rumped Sandpiper was only ID'd when it took off and flew.  Two Buff-brested Sandpipers
were feeding in the flowers and were never cooperative enough for anyone else to find.

Steve Weston on Quigley Lake in Eagan
sweston2@comcast.net