[mou] plegadis ibis

robert.oconnor@ndsu.nodak.edu robert.oconnor@ndsu.nodak.edu
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 13:02:54 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

I found two plegadis ibis at West Toqua Lake near Graceville in Big Stone
County on Saturday afternoon, the 18th.  They were a few hundred yards
north of the south end of the lake.  I had them in the scope for about
five seconds at two hundred yards, but then they flew, and I was unable to
relocate them.  When they took off, they came straight at me, then veered
over the cemetery marked on p. 92 of Kim Eckert’s guide.  It seems
extremely unlikely that they were anything but White-faced, especially
given the comparative proximity of this site to Sand Lake, South Dakota,
but I was unable to examine the birds closely.

Bob O'Connor