[mou] Grand Portage sewage ponds

Steve and Sherry Watson watsup@boreal.org
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 08:47:29 -0700

	Hello all,

	Yesterday I did a bit of birding at the Grand Portage sewage
ponds.  Not a whole lot going on but did see tons of American pipits, a
couple horned larks, a few Lapland longspurs that surprisingly allowed
me to walk past them at about three or four feet, it was pretty cool to
have a bird trust you like that and not fly.  I also saw a pair of
greater scaups on the water with many goldeneyes, black ducks,
ring-necks, blue-winged & green-winged teal, mallards, and a few Canada
geese.  Heard some chickadees and both kinglets in some spruce trees
nearby.  Good Birding to all,

Josh Watson
Grand Marais

---