[mou] Osprey at Wood Lake, Hennepin Co.

Conny Brunell connyb@mycidco.com
Tue, 05 Apr 2005 10:18:29

This morning I was treated to a unexpected visitor at Wood Lake Nature Center in Richfield, Hennepin Co.  An Osprey stopped over to do some fishing, and I enjoyed its loud chirps as a Crow chased it around the lake.

The Hermit Thrush has arrived, and Ruby and Golden-crowned Kinglet's were around the park.  Eastern Phoebe, Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Brown Creepers,  Bluebirds, Tree Swallows, 4 pair of Northern Flickers, Killdeer, and many singing Fox Sparrows.  The resident Cooper's Hawk kek-kek-keeking has attacted his mate, and they were seen together in their nest adding sticks.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Cty
connyb@mycidco.com