[mou] Blinds available for viewing Sharp-tailed Grouse

Warren Nelson wenelson@mlecmn.net
Mon, 04 Apr 2005 22:58:32 -0500

Thought I would just pass this on.  The local DNR has once again put up
blinds  to view Sharp-tailed Grouse.  The blinds are along Township 380
on the north side of Gun Lake. You will need to make reservations with
Dave Kans with the Aitkin DNR at 218-927-6915.  It is truly a
spectacular sight if you haven't watched it up close and personal
before.
This past weekend I found 65 species of birds in the county -- lots of
waterfowl moving in. I found 31 Great Gray Owls on Sunday (10 on C.R.24,
12 on C.R.1, 2 on C.R.29, 5 on C.R.18, 2 on highway 169 just south of
C.R.18) and 2 Northern Hawk Owls (1 on C.R.1 right at the diversion
channel and 1 on C.R.18 about 1/2 mile east of highway 169.    Warren
Nelson