[mou] Wilson's Snipe? RQD? >> Common vs. Wilson's Snipe?

J Ferguson johnnycakes_register@hotmail.com
Wed, 06 Apr 2005 13:21:32 -0500

Sorry, Andy...no answer, but I have similar question for someone/everyone.
My Nat'l Geo Birds 3rd ed. mentions the "Common Snipe" but no Wilson's.  The
Sibley Eastern mentions the "Wilson's Snipe", as does the MOU MN birds
checklist, but no Common.  The Latin species names are different (according
to the two books), though the genus is the same.  Are these really the same
bird?  Subspecies?  Do we only get one kind of snipe in MN?  That is, is a
snipe (that would be found in MN) just a snipe?

Thanks!

Jonathan Ferguson