[mou] [Fwd: audubon and housing developments]

SeEtta Moss seetta@msn.com
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 00:43:18 -0600

Robb,
Clearly the fact that this involves private land makes this more difficult.
However, I think it is worth mounting a campaign to demonstrate opposition
to this development from birders around Minn and from other states (ie,
birders such as I who subscribe but live elsewhere).  It is best to get both
email and postal addresses for those comments.  Especially helpful are email
addresses for mayor, city manager, newspaper (for letters to editor),
chamber of commerce, and economic development office.  These should be
published on this and the other Minn birding listserve and any other
listserve or newsletter you can place them in (with a briefing on the
problem and suggested talking points).

I have used our birding listserve for problems (but both were public lands)
on 2 occasions--we succeeded on one and the other is still in progress.
Getting comments from around the state and especially from out-of-state
birders has really gotten the attention of public officials in my state.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City, Colorado