[mou] Ross's goose in Wright County

tpulles@gbronline.com tpulles@gbronline.com
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 17:54:46 -0600

My dad and I were on our way to go fishing at Beebe Lake,
and much to surprise, I discovered a lone Ross's goose
sitting beside a farmer's pond.  The bird was still there as
of 6:00 P.M. tonight. The directions are -

  From the intersection of county road 19 and county road 34
in the city of Hanover (Wright county - 34 is also called
Beebe Lake Road) Follow county road 34 west as if going to
the city of Buffalo.  Follow approximately 3 miles to Ibarra
Avenue. (point of reference - there is an old school house
converted to a home on the right side of the intersection)
Take a right on Ibarra (a dirt road) and follow it.  You
will see a small trinity church on the left side of the road
then the road curves to the left.  Soon after the left curve
on the right side you will see behind a small line of trees
a small lake.  The road then curves slightly to the right,
and on the right side of the road, past the small lake, is a
small farm pond that attracts numerous Canada Geese.  The
Ross's goose was here alongside the pond.

Also, I had the first yellow-rumped warbler of the season in
my yard, and the Bonaparte's gulls are now numerous at
Steele Lake.  Bloodroot is blooming as well.

Good birding!
Keith Pulles, Wright County