[mou] 3 Cattle Egrets, Winona County

Dedrick Benz benzdedrick@hotmail.com
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 01:29:20 +0000

I have a secondhand report of 3 Cattle Egrets seen near the Winona Airport,
which is technically in Goodview, MN.  They were seen Monday Morning about
9:30.  I looked for them Monday evening to no avail, but will check (weather
permitting) again in the AM.

>From Hwy 61:

Turn North on 54th St. until it T's with Theurer Blvd.   Whether you turn
right or left here, you will soon hit Galewski Dr., which is a horseshoe.
Check along Galewski Dr. which has many grassy openings suitable for the
Cattle Egrets.  The Egrets were seen near Lake City Industries.  The airport
will become apparent and it's suitable runways look promising, too.  I
checked briefly, but am skittish about birding airports these days.  The FBI
came after me for birding sewage ponds once - I don't press my luck much
these days.

Please post if you refind the birds, and I wouldn't mind a phone call either
- 507-452-5276.

Dedrick Benz
Winona, MN