[mou] Ivory-billed Woodpecker

Elijah Parker elijahparker@tds.net
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 14:45:05 -0500

Hello all,

Let me know if this is too off-topic for the MN list, but I was wondering what
other's thoughts are on the release of this info.  What bothers me is how
secret this was kept -- why?  Why are there well-made videos available on the
same day of the release?  Why wasn't the info released as it was found?  It
all feels more political than scientific or birder-like to me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really excited about this -- the IBW has intrigued me
greatly ever since I was about 8 years old.  What wonderful news!

BTW, I've finally put up a real website!  To see a lot of my bird photos, use
the access code "MOU".  There are 70 species there now and many more to come.
Since it's new, let me know if you encounter problems.

Thanks!

Elijah Parker
Saint Paul, MN
http://www.elijahparker.com