[mou] New Germany Shorebirds

chetmeyers@visi.com chetmeyers@visi.com
Mon, 01 Aug 2005 15:16:37 -0500

Chet Meyers writes:
Yesterday, July 31st, Miriam and I birded the Mayer-New Germany area.  It should
be great later in the year when the high water subsides, but the water was so
high there was no "shore" for the shorebirds.  We saw five varieties (nothing
special), our best place was the wetland a little furthe west on Highway 7, but
it's a dangerous place to park given highway traffic.  There is still a small
colony (maybe only two pair) of red-headed woodpeckers at the
main New Germany pond and we found one juvenile. Right now, not much worth the
trip
Chet Meyers