[mou] Duluth Baby Peregrines--report from the bander

Laura Erickson chickadee@lauraerickson.com
Wed, 03 Aug 2005 18:10:22 -0500

I found out today that the baby Peregrines in downtown Duluth have
names.  The three females are Nora (P-76), Diane (P-77) and Maggie
(P-78).  The male is Davey (C-73).  Robert Anderson, the bander, put an
annual report about his Peregrine banding on the Raptor Resource Project
website.

Also, one of the babies, I think Davey, had his photo on this week's Duluth
Reader Weekly newspaper.  You can see that photo and get links to lots of
information about the babies here:

http://www.birderblog.com/?v=08-03-05#08-03-05_175554.txt

I'm working with Bob Anderson to figure out how Binoculars.com can provide
a nest cam for these birds next year.

Laura Erickson
Duluth, MN

Staff Ornithologist Binoculars.com
www.birderblog.com

There is symbolic as well as actual beauty in the migration of
birds.  There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of
nature--the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after the winter.

                                 --Rachel Carson